Concert ChoirConcert Choir is a class offered in both 7th and 8th grade. There is no audition for this class. Students enrolled in the class will learn basics of music and prepare and perform a selection of vocal music. The Concert Choirs perform several times throughout the year including winter and spring concerts and our annual Six Flags Trip towards the end of every year. This class is meant to challenge students and provide a performance opportunity and a chance to use their individual talents to create art with a team.
If you would like to be a part of the Concert Choir see Mr. Litten.
National Standards for Music Education:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
For more information on National Standards for Music Education click HERE.