Homewood Middle School Counselors believe:
- All students have dignity and worth and can achieve high standards that will result in college and career success.
- All students can maximize their unique potential and achieve academic, career, and social/emotional success when given appropriate support and interventions as well as rigorous and relevant instruction in a respectful environment.
- All students are entitled to the collaborative efforts of the school support team, parents, administrators, community members, and teachers.
- All students have the right to a safe and nurturing instructional environment that supports and enhances social and emotional well-being as well as academic achievement and leadership.
- All students will have equitable access to full-time, state-certified, minimum of a master's-degree-level school counselors.
- The developmental needs of students are best met through implementation of a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program. This program should recognize and respect all students' individuality and special needs, including ethnic, cultural, racial, and gender differences.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates, and collaborators. All students can learn to become self-advocates and resilient in facing challenges.
- The school counseling program is planned, coordinated, and evaluated by the school counselors with input from our Counseling Advisory Board.
- All students deserve purposeful and meaningful supports and interventions that are data driven and fueled by research and best practice. Data is the foundation of transformative school counseling.
- The school counselors will use data to continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program, increase student performance, and demonstrate program effectiveness.
- School counselors will abide by the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors to make informed decisions and assist students in maximizing their unique potential.
The students at Homewood Middle School maximize their unique potential for success as lifelong learners and make a positive difference in our school and community. Our students are respectful, responsible, and give their best effort regardless of the environment. Our students graduate college and career ready and are equipped to meet the challenges of a global workforce with resilience, empathy, compassion, and open-mindedness. Students from Homewood Middle School are supported by the comprehensive school counseling program and the strategic partnerships developed between our school, families, and the community.
District and School Mission:
The mission of Homewood City Schools is to educate and empower all students to maximize their unique potential.
Who We Are:
Homewood City Schools is a student-centered system enriched by tradition, vision, and compassionate spirit. Our mission is ensured by a dedicated, exemplary staff; a supportive, involved community; an appreciation for diversity; an effective use of resources; and an uncompromising commitment to excellence.
School Counseling Mission:
The school counseling program at Homewood Middle School provides equitable access to a data-driven, developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive comprehensive school counseling program and inspires all students to maximize their unique potential. The school counseling program is dedicated to recognizing each student as a unique individual and preparing every student socially, academically, and emotionally for present and future challenges. We advocate for every student and work in collaborative partnerships to empower students to become lifelong learners who are responsible, productive citizens.