Student Enrollment & Registration
Welcome to Homewood City Schools, a system that is student-centered and enriched by tradition, vision, and compassionate spirit. Our mission is ensured by a dedicated, exemplary staff; a supportive, involved community; an appreciation for diversity; an effective use of resources; and an uncompromising commitment to excellence.
Homewood is a small suburb with a population of approximately 26,000 residents located just minutes from Downtown Birmingham. The Homewood community offers many greenspaces, premier shopping and dining experiences, and has been named one of the best places to raise a family.
If you are new to Homewood and looking to enroll your child, please contact the school and have the following documents available when enrolling your child:
- Proof of Residence - A current annual tax notice or current lease in the name of the parent or court-appointed custodian (signed by Lessee and Lessor) or sales contract on a home (a contingency contract is not acceptable)
- Current Utility Bill - a bill from Alabama Power or Spire displaying the service or property address, not the mailing address
- Official Birth Certificate or other alternative documentation - A document showing that the student is five years of age on or before September 1 for Kindergarten admission and that the student is six years old on or before December 31 for 1st grade admission. An opinion of the attorney general states in effect that under the common law one’s age is computed by including the day of birth so that a given age is obtained the day before the birthday anniversary. Therefore, a child whose sixth birthday falls on January 1 is entitled to attend the public elementary schools at the opening of school for that school year. A child whose fifth birthday falls on September 2 is entitled to attend kindergarten.
- Current Alabama Certificate of Immunization - provided by a physician or the state health department
- Custody Papers - If applicable, an official finalized court document signed by the Court
- Withdrawal Form - Withdrawal form from your previous school with grades and a current transcript (or report card for summer registration)
To enroll you must be a bona fide resident of Homewood. (To be a bona fide resident, a student must be actually living in a dwelling in Homewood with a parent or court-appointed custodian who is a resident of Homewood on a full time basis.) The presence of a parent or court-appointed custodian is required to enroll a student.
All items above must be provided at the time of enrollment. Individual schools may require additional items for enrollment. For more information, contact the school.