Family Support Programs
Strengthening Families Program
This program helps parents and teens build strong relationships by teaching family members to work together and resolve conflicts in a productive way. It is presented by IMPACT Family Counseling, in collaboration with Homewood City Schools, and is available at no cost to parents.
Each engaging and interactive class covers different topics designed to:
- Present parents and teens age appropriate information
- Provide a safe environment for healthy discussion
- Allow families the opportunity to practice the life-skills taught during the class
It helps you...
- Improve parenting skills
- Improve family communication and relationships
- Reduce family conflict
- Reduce risk factors for substance abuse, depression, aggression, and school failure
- 6 week program, meeting Monday nights from 6-8pm. (participants may join at any time)
- Meets at the Pathways building located behind Homewood High School
- 6-12th grade Homewood students and their parents
"This far exceeded our expectations. What began at the 1st session with eye-rolling from the teenagers ended with smiles, great stories and real-life ways to parent and relate in healthy ways. Thank you!" - HCS Parent
Referrals may be made by school teachers, counselors, administrators, staff, etc. Individuals may also submit a referral.