HCS Fall Meal Information
September 11, 2020 - We are pleased to announce that all students in Homewood City Schools will be able to receive breakfast and lunch at no cost at school. Virtual school learners will also receive weekly meals at no cost by filling out the weekly Curbside Pick Up Form. This program allows HCS to credit all student accounts for meals purchased starting September 1, 2020.
This is a program available to all school systems through a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Coronavirus relief program which has been extended through the end of December 2020 or until available funding is exhausted. Families that qualify for the Free and Reduced Meals program must still complete an application by September 15 in order to avoid meal charges after this USDA program has expired.
Traditional School Meals - Students are eligible to receive a breakfast and a lunch at school each day at no cost. Students will be changed for any a la carte items or additional meals.
Virtual School Meals - Students will receive breakfasts and lunches for the full week on Wednesdays. Parents/students will need to pre-order meals by filling out the Curbside Pick Up Form. A form will need to be completed for each child.
If you have any questions, please contact the Child Nutrition Program Director, Rachel Fowler, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, payment is encouraged through the Titan family portal as payments will not be accepted during meal service time: https://family.titank12.com/.
- Elementary - Parents may also send a check or cash to school with their child for their teacher to turn in.
- HMS/HHS - There will also be a money drop box in the front office and in the lunchroom for students.
Menus can be viewed at https://family.titank12.com/. The menu options will be the same for virtual and traditional learners. All meals will be pre-packaged and bagged for pickup.
Traditional School Learners
- Breakfast - Students will be allowed to choose their breakfast in the cafeteria, and there will be marked seating to allow for proper physical distancing.
- Lunch - All lunches will be freshly made and packed and will include bottled water, placemat, wet wipe, utensils, napkin, and condiments. Student accounts will be charged by the CNP staff after meals are picked up.
- Elementary - Teachers will pre-order student lunch selections each day through an electronic form.
- HMS/HHS - All lunches will be pre-packaged for students to pick up.
- Remote Team Learning Days - HHS and HMS students may also order curbside pick up meals for their remote learning days (3 max breakfast/lunch meals per week). Parents/students will need to pre-order meals by filling out the Curbside Pick Up Form.
Virtual School Learners
Parents/students will need to pre-order meals by filling out the Curbside Pick Up Form. A form will need to be completed for each child. If you have children attending multiple schools, please designate your curbside pick up to be at the highest grade level if possible. All curbside meals will be served cold. Meals planned for hot service will be packaged in microwave or warm oven safe containers. Please remain in your car while picking up student meals.
- Meal pick up will be on Wednesdays except for the first week of school where meal pick up will be Friday, August 21.
- Pick up times will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Pick up locations:
- Edgewood - front of the school
- Hall-Kent - front of the cafeteria entrance
- Shades Cahaba - front of the school
- HMS - front of the school
- HHS - front of the student parking entrance
If you have any questions regarding school meals or your child’s meal account, please contact the Child Nutrition Program Director, Rachel Fowler, at email@example.com.